Content Marketing Strategist
Content Marketing Strategist
Member of the Integrated Marketing Services
Reports to: Creative Director
Status: Regular Full Time, Exempt
We're looking for an experienced Content Marketing Strategist to join us to drive the development and execution of content campaigns for our clients in the senior living field. This is an opportunity to lead the agency forward in creating content marketing strategy frameworks and best practices.
The Content Marketing Strategist will be responsible for the planning and oversight of content execution for our clients, helping identify business goals, coordinating with other team members on content creation, targeting audiences with a focus on SEO, and launching content campaigns. The Content Marketing Strategist will measure results, recommend optimizations as needed, and provide content performance analysis.
Just because we’re focused on the senior living field doesn’t mean we’re old school. We truly want to transform the senior living field for our clients and the people they serve. We’re passion about making a meaningful impact in the lives of seniors and their families as well as helping our clients build stronger communities. If you're ready to take your content marketing career to the next level, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Formulate effective content marketing strategies for businesses in the senior living field, primarily Life Care communities.
- Develop frameworks for planning and managing content marketing campaigns.
- Work directly with clients to advise, coach and direct their content marketing efforts. This includes pitching strategy, conducting workshops and running bootcamps.
Research and Analysis:
- Help define customer journeys, audience profiles and personas based on demographics, psychographics, and pain points of senior community prospects, residents and their families.
- Use a data-driven approach to cultivating insights that shape content strategy and planning to effectively reach and engage audiences.
- Recommend strategies, channels and tactics that balance consumer needs and wants with client products and services in order to achieve business goals.
- Determine the optimal mix of online and offline channels to distribute content.
- Employ a variety of tactics to drive results including websites, blogs, social media, email marketing, direct mail, events, and in-person engagement.
- Create content calendars that align with the customer journey, focusing on awareness, consideration, decision, and post-decision stages.
Content Creation and Distribution:
- Work with subject matter experts to produce content on senior living topics taking advantage of a wide range of channels, tactics and formats, including blog posts, mailers, videos, webinars and more.
- Maximize the reach and impact of client content across platforms, both by repurposing content as well as creating micro-forms or snippets of content tailored to different audiences and channels.
- Hands-on content implementation using both content scheduling tools and native platforms.
- Implement SEO best practices to ensure our clients’ web content ranks well in search engines.
- Optimize content for both organic and paid media including websites, social media, video, voice, AI and other forms to reach audiences effectively.
Measurement and Optimization:
- Establish KPIs and track the performance of content marketing campaigns.
- Use data and analytics to drive marketing decisions and optimize content for better results.
- Expand Love & Company’s position as a leader in the senior living field.
- Develop a content strategy and plan for the agency’s marketing initiatives.
- Identify opportunities to leverage digital content marketing trends, including personalization, marketing automation, video marketing, user-generated content, voice search, CTV, AI and other leading-edge practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Five or more (5+) years of experience working in marketing communications with a minimum of two (2) years in content marketing strategy and planning
- Portfolio required, must include examples of strategic plans and content calendars
- Advertising or marketing agency experience preferred
- Experience working with/in the senior living field or healthcare also preferred
- Adept in managing multiple campaigns and projects simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively across disciplines and solve problems creatively
- Highly organized with a mindset for process and systems
- Data-driven mindset with experience in analytics tools
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Wordpress, Mailchimp, Notion, Sendable and other digital content creation tools and platforms
- Mastery of SEO in content marketing
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid and remote opportunities
- Health, dental, and vision through CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- 401K and retirement benefits
- Professional development program
- A chance to make a meaningful impact in the lives of seniors and their families
About LOVE & COMPANY
For more than 30 years, Love & Company has been a national leader in senior living marketing. We are at the forefront of results-focused community building and business transformation combining market research, branding, advertising, sales management and advisory services to drive success. Our people are smart, passionate, creative and strategic problem-solvers. We are united and relentless in our pursuit to help seniors live better lives. And we LOVE what we do.
Love & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.