Member of Administrative Team
Reports to: VP, Finance
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Salary Range: $60,000 to $75,000, depending on experience and expertise
Love & Company
Love & Company, based in Frederick, Maryland, is a national leader in senior living marketing, research, branding, advertising and sales management. We take pride in having a top-notch team of creative marketing professionals with extensive experience in their specific areas of expertise as well as senior living.
The senior accountant is responsible for leading and completing all accounting-based systems and processes accurately and in a timely fashion. The senior accountant oversees all billings, collections, expense management and financial reporting, ensuring that company finances and expenses are managed wisely.
- Manage accounting functions and cash flow
- Manage financial reporting
- Process bi-weekly payroll
- Manage the company’s financial relationships
- Other duties
Manage accounting functions and cash flow
- Manage all invoicing and accounts receivable. Initiate collections efforts and follow established protocol for past due invoices.
- Work collaboratively with client services and project management departments during the billing process to ensure that clients are billed accurately and corresponding revenue is recognized appropriately.
- Send monthly statements to client the first of each month.
- Manage the firm’s cash resources and provide weekly cash flow reports to the VP, Finance.
- Work collaboratively with the part-time staff accountant in managing accounts payable to ensure production expenses are properly billed to the client.
- Manage the general ledger and make all journal entries as needed.
Manage financial reporting
- Prepare monthly financial statements based on GAAP
- Maintain adequate documentation for all balance sheet accounts. Including bank reconciliations, fixed asset, annual accounts, and loan documentation
- Prepare budget vs actual expense analysis each month and discuss variances with VP, Finance.
- Assist VP, Finance in preparing monthly senior management reports.
Process bi-weekly payroll
- Process bi-weekly payroll and 401k contribution.
- Prepare and post bi-weekly payroll journal entry and monthly payroll accrual.
Manage the company’s financial relationships
- Manage the relationship with the company’s tax accountant, ensuring information is provided to the accountant in a timely manner.
- Manage the relationship with the company’s banks and other financial partners, ensuring the banks receive appropriate information on the company’s performance, as requested and/or required
- Calculate monthly sales commissions.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, employees and others.
- Assist with preparation of additional finance reports as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- 5+ years of related corporate accounting experience
- Experience in a marketing, advertising or consulting firm preferred
- Excellent MS Excel and Word skills
- Fast learner and strong technology skills
- Experience with Workamajig preferred (accounting system)
- Maintain a professional and friendly demeanor at all times
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees, clients and vendors
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check
To apply, please submit online at: https://loveandcompany.com/careers/:
- A detailed letter explaining why you are interested in the position, the strengths and benefits you can bring to the firm, and the experience you have in the above areas
- Your resume and links to your LinkedIn profile
- Your recent salary history and salary requirements
NOTE: Inquiries will ONLY be accepted with a cover letter and salary requirements.
No phone calls, please.
Love & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.