Member of Creative Team
Directed by: Art Director
Reports to: Creative Director
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Salary Range: $60,000 to $70,000, depending on experience and expertise
Love & Company of Frederick, Maryland, a leading marketing, advertising and sales management firm that specializes in marketing to boomers and seniors, seeks qualified, outstanding candidates for the position of graphic designer. We take pride in having a top-notch team of creative marketing professionals.
The graphic designer is responsible for designing and executing unique and innovative visual solutions, appropriately tailored to reach the client’s target market and marketing objectives. A wide range of current, media-appropriate production methods and technical disciplines is required in the start-to-finish completion of design projects.
- Design and execute unique visual solutions
- Employ a wide range of production and technical disciplines in the start-to-finish to completion of projects—from the creation of conceptual mockups to the hi-res development of final printing and production files
- Develop professionally and maintain billable average goals
Design and execute unique visual solutions
- Work with the creative director and other agency personnel in the development of unique, goals-based visual communications materials, tailored appropriately to each client and media
- Carry out the execution and application of established client brand identities
Employ a wide range of production and technical disciplines in the start-to finish completion of projects—from the creation of conceptual mockups to the hi-res development of final printing and production files
- Utilize industry-standard design and production methods and software in the development of executable ideas
- Prepare hi-res, error-free print, Web and electronic production files
- Work with the traffic manager for the timely and accurate completion of the agency’s CRA ad requests
Develop professionally and maintain billable average goals
- Identify, request and complete training in accordance with quarterly development plans
- Maintain an established billable average while achieving high realization for design and production functions
This is a mid-level position on the creative team. The individual should have the following experience and capabilities:
- Three (3) or more years of relevant design experience
- Experience with logo design, typography, color usage, image selection and creation, information graphics, illustration, design layout and print production (video production and web design experience are a plus)
- Strong knowledge of printing and production methods
- Proficient use of InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Premier, QuarkXpress, and/or other visual design and production tools
- Incorporates feedback and takes direction well
- Team player with strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Advanced knowledge of Macintosh hardware and software, especially Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office software
- BA/BS degree in graphic design or related creative field
To apply, please email:
To apply, please submit online at: https://loveandcompany.com/careers/:
- A detailed letter explaining why you are interested in the position, the strengths and benefits you can bring to the firm, and the experience you have in the above areas
- Your resume and links to your LinkedIn profile and online portfolio
- Your recent salary history and salary requirements
- Five samples of work you have been responsible for producing, along with brief, specific descriptions of the role you played in each
NOTE: Inquiries will ONLY be accepted with a cover letter and salary requirements.
No phone calls, please.
Love & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.