Market Research Analyst (Contractor)
Market Research Analyst
Contract Member of Market Intelligence Team
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Strategic Services
Love & Company
Love & Company, based in Frederick, Maryland, is a national leader in senior living marketing, research, branding, advertising, and sales management.
Our people are inspiring. Curious and creative. Smart and strategic. Passionate, innovative problem-solvers. Together, we are united and relentless in our pursuit to help seniors live better lives. And we LOVE what we do.
We are fully committed to supporting you in your career journey in ways that reward on many levels, as exemplified by our three Cs:
- We work together to achieve and exceed client goals.
- We are positive and enthusiastic collaborators who value diverse perspectives and foster trust and respect.
- We are committed to transparency, accountability, and integrity.
- Career Development
- We provide career advancement opportunities based on demonstrated capabilities and organizational needs.
- We encourage continuous learning and skill enhancement for long-term success.
- Compensation Program
- Comprehensive employee package including competitive pay and paid time off
- Outstanding insurance benefits featuring full deductible coverage
- Flexible work hours to accommodate diverse schedules
- Hybrid and remote positions
- On-site gym to promote employee wellness
- Engaging social events and gatherings throughout the year
The Market Research Analyst works as a contractor team member to supplement Love & Company’s in-house team for market intelligence services. Core work includes market studies, competitive analyses, consumer research and pricing studies. Love & Company would contract on specific assignments to complete studies in whole or in part.
This position allows for both hands-on application of prior experience and the opportunity to grow in new areas.
- Undertake all aspects of market studies that are based primarily in secondary data, which includes demographic and competitive data collection and analysis, demand assessments, developing recommendations, and preparing reports for clients
- Request, gather and review background information from clients
- Participate in identifying local competition and collecting, organizing, analyzing, and reporting data
- Create graphic presentations of demographic and competitive data
- Conduct site visits to assess project sites and/or visit and evaluate competitive facilities and collect data
- Run mapping software for identifying and communicating study areas, showing distribution of competition, and showing demographic data such as housing values by area
- Analyze and integrate the data collected (demographic, competitive and site-specific information)
- Write study reports
- Participate in presentations of reports and data to clients
- Assist with other types of consumer research as needed
- Competitive pricing analyses (in conjunction with and under the guidance of other staff members)
- Gather competitive pricing information
- Compile all internal and competitive data analysis worksheets
- Complete onsite evaluations/scoring of competitor communities, and/or coordinate with other Love & Company team members to complete the onsite evaluations
- Develop pricing and contract modification models, to implement pricing recommendations
- Review and project the actuarial performance of recommended pricing modifications, revising recommendations as appropriate to meet actuarial objectives
- Support consumer research studies (primary data) in conjunction with and under the guidance of other staff members
- Plan target audiences and distribution strategies for mail, phone, and online surveys
- Manage the recruitment of focus group and consumer research event attendees
- Develop materials needed to support the research effort, such as surveys, moderator’s guides, and presentations for community research events
- Support the consumer research event process
- Conduct consumer research events/focus groups
- Analyze the data
- Prepare and present outcomes
- Assist as needed with the research in senior living trends to support the company’s overall leadership position in the field
- Support Love & Company with additional special projects as needed
- Minimum of three years of market research and data analysis experience. Experience in “senior living” required.
- Experience working in demographic platforms such as NIC MAP Vision, Claritas or ESRI.
- Excellent writing skills; command of language, grammar, and spelling; dedication to error-free work and communications
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to travel overnight when necessary (preferred); no more than one trip per month
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- To apply, please submit online at: https://loveandcompany.com/careers/
- A detailed letter explaining why you are interested in the position, the strengths and benefits you can bring to the firm, and the experience you have in the above areas
- Your resume
- Your hourly rates, both per project and per hour, as an independent contractor (if providing project rates, please provide framework for the project
- Estimate of hours of available monthly (so we can best match with projects)
- Whether you are interested in travel assignments
NOTE: Resumes will ONLY be accepted with a cover letter and salary requirements.
Love & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.