Marketing Copy Director
Target Salary Range
$75,000 to $90,000
Do you love writing creative and engaging copy that gets read, remembered, and shared?
Do you also have a passion for straightforward and research-based copy that gets read, remembered, and shared?
Are you willing to challenge both sides of your brain to achieve phenomenal results?
Love & Company of Frederick, Maryland, a leading marketing, advertising and sales management firm in the senior housing and services field, seeks qualified, outstanding candidates for the position of Marketing Copy Director.
We take pride in our top-notch team of creative marketing professionals—a diverse group offering extensive experience in the senior market as well as in their specific area of expertise—and are looking for an experienced creative writer/communicator to excel in a team-based environment and collaborative culture.
Leads the development of creative messaging for our clients as well as our agency’s self-promotion and new business pitch efforts
- Understands marketing goals, strategic positioning, target audiences, creative briefs, project budgets and communications trends, and produces unique, on-target solutions
- Has the ability to write in a wide range of styles and voices
- Generates clear ideas and a variety of conceptual approaches in tandem with the creative team
- Produces content outlines and site maps to effectively demonstrate content ideas and structure
Collaborating with the client services, creative and digital teams, the Marketing Copy Director participates in brand discovery sessions and develops, fine tunes, and effectively implements brand strategy platforms and brand expression copy concepts
- Creates campaign communications, including advertising, direct marketing, collateral materials and digital deliverables such as websites, landing pages, banner ads, and email marketing
- Travels to client locations and leads creative brand discovery interview sessions alongside client services team members
- Develops and presents traditional and digital campaign messaging work to team members and clients along with rationales for work developed
- Incorporates agency and client feedback and revisions as appropriate, taking and giving direction well
- Takes work from concept to final execution within budget and on schedule
- Stays on top of trends within the marketing and senior living fields
- Directs radio and video script writing in tandem with the Creative Director, and auditions, selects, and directs appropriate voice-over talent for radio and video productions
This is a mid-level position on the creative team. The individual should have the following experience and capabilities:
- Five (5) or more years of relevant copy direction experience
- Significant hands-on experience with branding platform and marketing campaign development
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office software in a MAC environment
- Demonstrable skills with a strong portfolio
- Team player with strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- BA/BS degree in creative writing or related field, or comparable work experience
This position will work out of the Frederick, Maryland office. Candidates must be willing to commute or relocate as a condition of hire.
Love & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To apply, please provide:
- A cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position, the strengths and benefits you can bring to the firm, and the experience you have in the above areas
- Your resume containing links to your LinkedIn profile and online portfolio
- Your salary requirements and recent salary history
- Five samples of work you have been responsible for producing, along with brief, specific descriptions of the role you played in each. Ideally, samples would include at least one written brand platform, one advertising campaign, one integrated marketing campaign, one video or radio production, and one collateral package
NOTE: Inquiries will only be accepted with complete application materials.
No phone calls, please.