Strategic Services Director: Member of Client Services Team
Directed by: Vice President Strategic Services
Reports to: Executive VicePresident/Client Services
The strategic services director (SSD) manages the day-to-day processes involved with the development and implementation of marketing and sales programs for clients. The strategic services director is integrally involved in developing annual and/or quarterly marketing plans for clients, and is responsible for leading the successful implementation of those plans, including ensuring that results-oriented projects are completed on time and on budget.
The SSD is also the central point of ongoing communication between clients and the rest of the agency. The SSD develops the relationship with the primary point of contact for each client, including proactively identifying and responding to client needs and opportunities. The goal is to become a trusted member of the client’s team, not just a vendor. Effective time management skills are critical, as the strategic services director needs to be able to work on many different tasks for several clients simultaneously. The strategic services director must have a solid background in both project management and the creative process.
This position requires periodic travel.
- Effectively manage client relationships on a day-to-day basis, as well as develop long range plans to meet client needs
- Manage the development and implementation of annual and quarterly marketing and sales plans for clients
- Work closely with and coordinate client work with the creative, sales, production, research, media, and billing departments
- Manage the performance of plan managers
- Participate in the firm’s new business development efforts
Effectively manage client relationships on a day-to-day basis, as well as develop long range plans to meet client needs
- Practice clear, concise and accurate oral and written communications
- Proactively identify and respond to client needs and opportunities, identifying new business opportunities and communicating those opportunities to appropriate Love & Company team members
- Prepare and present proposals for additional client work.
- Present creative materials to clients, presenting a clear rationale for our concepts and direction, and responding to client questions and concerns
- Communicate project schedules, process, drop dates/run dates, lead source codes for client database, etc., with client
- Provide regular and timely meeting reports and project updates.
Manage the development and implementation of annual and quarterly marketing and sales plans for clients
- Develop detailed work plans for the development of marketing and sales plans
- Compile data needed for effective plan development/ complete standardized Excel tables and planning tools
- Help develop solid marketing strategies and tactics, drawing on the firm’s expertise, experience, and proprietary research
- Write the narrative portions of annual and quarterly marketing plans
- Compile and analyze campaign results, communicating results to other team members
- Prepare regular results reporting presentations for clients
Work closely with and coordinate client work with the creative, sales, production, research, media, and billing departments
- Write clear and insightful creative development guides (CDGs, a.k.a, job input forms/JIFs), and /or provide appropriate input to project managers to develop the guides
- Review and approve creative materials prior to presentation to client
- Ensure project schedules are developed and given to traffic/production manager in a timely manner
- Approve all production coordination details (lists, quantities, due dates, specs, etc.) for the project manager prior to communicating to the production department
- Ensure project pre-billing and purchase orders are completed in appropriate time frames.
- Regularly update booked revenue projections.
Manage the workload and performance of project managers
- Interface daily with project managers to ensure projects are moving smoothly through the production process
- Conduct regular project meetings with team members to proactively ensure we are identifying and starting upcoming projects with appropriate lead times
- Oversee, coach, and mentor team members in the day-to-day management of projects
- Ensure all project documentation is kept on file in a neat and organized fashion
- Work with each team member to create individual development plans
- Set annual and quarterly goals for staff development efforts
- Meet with each team member monthly to review overall performance and achievement of development goals
Participate in the firm’s new business development effort
- Meet with prospective clients
- Assist in the development and presentation of proposals and presentations to prospective clients
This is a supervisory-level position on the operations team. The individual should have the following experience and capabilities:
- Three to five years of marketing program management and supervisory experience, at least two years in an advertising agency.
- Excellent writing skills; command of language, grammar and spelling; dedication to error-free work and communications
- Broad knowledge of integrated marketing communications strategizing, including direct marketing, traditional and digital advertising, branding, collateral production, web-based marketing, public relations and social media
- Optional, but helpful: basic knowledge of Macintosh computers, especially with Microsoft Office and database management
- Ability to travel overnight when necessary
- Excellent organizational, communication and people skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
To apply, please submit the following through www.loveandcompany.com/careers:
- A detailed letter explaining why you are interested in the position, the strengths and benefits you can bring to the firm, and the experience you have in the above
- Your resume
- Your salary salary requirements
- No phone calls, please.
About Love & Company
For more than twenty years Love & Company has specialized in senior living marketing powered by proprietary research and a passion for improving the senior living field. Backed by our deep bench and comprehensive capabilities, we’re better able to quickly and effectively identify, then rectify, a client’s true problem areas for achievement of their business goals. More than just services, we offer results-driven solutions to help our clients remain competitive today and years from now. It’s what happens when science intersects with experience and passion.
Love & Company offers a generous benefits package to full-time employees, including paid time off, 401(k), plus, health and other insurances.